The short version of our ministry's Mission Statement is "Repairing Homes and Hearts as Churches Serve Together". The second part of that statement is very important to us because we believe serving together (assuming common essential core beliefs) is a strategic way to advance the Kingdom. Why?
- Church teams begin to see each other serving in the community and realize they are not alone in their concerns. Relationships are established between teams.
- Church teams become “iron sharpening iron” (Proverbs 27:17), recognizing that each church has individual gifts that contribute to the whole Body.
- The community has the opportunity to observe what the followers of Jesus are doing to bless them, leading them to realize that the Church is an indispensible part of the community.
- Movements similar to Unite! are strengthened at a grass roots ministry level. Pastors and leaders pray and plan together to address other common concerns.
- Pastors are encouraged to connect with other pastors as they realize their Home Repair Teams are serving together.
- Combined church efforts reflect Christ more visibly than smaller, single church efforts.
- Working together reflects the unity we read about in Ephesians 4.
What about you? Do you have experience working across multiple churches and/or denominations? What has been your experience? If you've had some good successes, let us know and we'll share your story, if appropriate.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-1044473-44']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);